Teeth whitening is a great way to brighten up almost any smile. Whitening will help restore your smile after years of cola, acidic foods, red wine, tobacco use, or any number of food or drink that cause your teeth to become discolored.
Teeth Whitening in Marco Island
Professionally having your teeth whitened will lead to more satisfactory result than over the counter or unprofessional options. At Island Tower Dentistry, we offer customized and individually prepared whitening. If you have sensitivity, there are special ways to guide you through your treatment and we always follow-up!
Common Causes For Teeth Discoloration
- Aging - Normal wear and tear over many years can certainly cause a stain buildup on our teeth
- Genetics - Our genes can cause our teeth to range from a light grey, white, off-white, and even yellow in some cases
- Opacity - All teeth through either acidity or natural developments develop a certain amount of opaqueness and look unnatural
- Food & Drink - If your diet includes things like red wine, coffee, or other "dark" colored beverages, your teeth can become discolored. Similarly, acidic foods cause discoloration by creating small pockets in the tooth, causing more of the underlying darker dentin to be visible
- Smoking - Nicotine causes deep brown stains that are typically difficult to remove but success can be had using professional whitening techniques
- Injury - Trauma to the teeth cause your teeth to naturally respond to the damage by producing more dentin which can look darker than the surrounding area
Your Whitening Options
We offer personalized and customized whitening options for each of our patients. At-home or tray whitening kits can be very effective, they also allow you to precisely control when you are satisfied with the shade of your teeth. If you suffer from sensitivity in your teeth, be sure to speak to Dr. Schulze or Dr. Perez about the right steps you can take to ensure that your whitening is as effective as possible.
If you elect for at-home whitening, an impression of your teeth will be taken for your customized whitening tray. After the trays have been fabricated, you will receive a detailed demonstration for application and best practices to follow for your whitening. Following your visit, you’ll only need to apply the whitening at your home and enjoy your beautiful new smile!
Contact Island Tower Dentistry
Dr. Schulze, Dr. Perez, and their qualified team including dental hygienists and dental assistants are ready to assist you with all your dental needs. To contact Island Tower Dentistry regarding a dental concern or to make an appointment, call the office phone number at 239-394-1004. Island Tower Dentistry is conveniently located at 606 Bald Eagle Drive Suite 200, Marco Island, Florida 34145.